This weeks #MeatlessMonday, is brought to you by the blog: Life Tastes Good; Just as it Should. I discovered this little gem back on Oscar’s Sunday. We had an impromptu gathering, and I needed to feed the massive delicious vegan food.
What’s better to balance out a vegan board of veggies, hummus, and avocado artichoke spinach dip, then something spicy? Not much. I’ve made cauliflower bites in the past, and even created my own “Hot Wing Potato” recipe, but decided to branch out.
It’s always good to see what else is going on. You never know, you could learn something new. And new is a good thing.
(NOTE: First, I don’t use Silk Soy Milk. It’s not my favorite, so I used canned coconut milk which is my fav to cook with. You’re welcome to use which ever. Second, there is a ranch dressing on their site, which I’m not listing here. I have my own recipe for this, and I like to use dill pickle juice to thin it. It adds another level of flavor, and it isn’t processed.)
BAKED BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER BITES (by Life Tastes Good)
- Cooking spray (Or you can use a basting brush and olive oil)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Silk Soymilk (I used canned Coconut Milk)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons dairy-free butter (I use Earth Balance in the Red Tub. It’s Soy Free)
- 1 (5 ounce) bottle cayenne pepper sauce (1/2 Cup plus 2 TBSP)
- 1 tablespoon honey (I used agave to keep it vegan. You cold also use real maple syrup)
- Preheat oven to 450°F and line a baking sheet with foil. Place an oven-safe rack on top of the foil and spray generously with cooking spray. (Or use basting brush and oil to turn rack into a non-stick surface)
- Prepare the batter for the cauliflower by combining 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, 1 cup Silk Soymilk (or coconut milk), 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, & 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper. Whisk until smooth and thickened. Gently toss the cauliflower with the batter, being sure to coat the cauliflower thoroughly.
- Place the coated cauliflower onto the prepared rack, being sure to leave space between each one. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the cauliflower starts to brown.
- While the cauliflower is baking, melt 3 tablespoons dairy-free butter and mix with 1 (5 ounce=1/2 C plus 2 TBSP) bottle of cayenne pepper sauce and 1 tablespoon honey (swap honey for agave or real maple syrup to make it vegan). Whisk to combine. Give it a taste and adjust the flavors to your liking. When the cauliflower is ready, remove it from the oven and toss with the hot sauce mixture.
- Spray the rack with cooking spray again and place the cauliflower back on the rack. Put back in the oven for 10 more minutes until browned to your liking. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Transfer to a serving dish with the Dairy-Free Ranch Dip and enjoy!
MY RANCH DIP:
- 1 Cup Vegan Mayo — I like Just Mayo. It’s my favorite.
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/2 dill
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- Dill Pickle Juice to thin
- Sal & Pepper to taste
Place vegan mayo in a bowl. Add all the spices, stir until mixed completely. Use dill pickle juice to thin to your liking
This is a perfect, healthy, snack great for entertaining or as a side for dinner.